Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Mystery on the Menu

Last Saturday I planned on cutting down the roses in our back yard (it’s that time of year here in Southern California), but instead I found myself appearing along with 14 other authors at Mystery on The Menu at the Cerritos Library. One of the scheduled authors dropped out so they asked me to fill in, which I was happy to do.

Presented by the Friends of the Cerritos Library, it ran from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Besides me, participating authors were: Jill Amadio, Connie Archer/Connie Di Marco, Mike Befeler, Marcia Clark, Dianne Emley, Betty Hechtman, Naomi Hirahara, Linda O. Johnston, D.P. Lyle, M.D., Christopher J. Lynch, Paul D. Marks, David Putnam, Nancy Cole Silverman, and Patricia Smiley. I was happy to be included among so many wonderful authors.

This was the 13th year of this sold out event. I’d never been to an event like this before so I didn’t really know what to expect. There were 3 panels lasting about 35 minutes with each author serving on one panel. The first panel was held prior to lunch, the two other panels after. The ballroom was full of enthusiastic mystery readers, 18 tables worth! The time just flew by. It was wonderful to see and connect with so many people who enjoy mysteries as much as I do. The Cerritos Library is also quite beautiful, listed as number 28 in Best Value Schools 50 most beautiful libraries in the world.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos so I don’t have any to share.


P.S. Yesterday was official release day for A Palette for Murder, the third book in the Aurora Anderson Mystery series.

2 comments:

Rick Blechta said...

Congratulations on the new book! Hope you sell a gazillion copies!

Sybil Johnson said...

Thanks, Rick!